The Youth in Jazz program is back!
The Youth in Jazz program provides high school students with the opportunity to perform at the Noosa Jazz Festival on our main stage, lounge stage or at Tastings on Hastings. The experience provides students with the opportunity to play to a live audience, learn the art of stage craft and performance and work with industry professionals in a live performance setting.
Teachers and Musical Directors are encouraged to enter their school’s jazz ensemble or big band by completing the application form below. We require all schools to have a repertoire of jazz related music. Schools need to arrange their travel and accommodation (if required) to Noosa at their own expense.
Applications are due by 30 April 2015 and successful applicants will be notified in writing.
Key things to note:
- This application form needs to be completed by your Teacher/Music Director;
- We’re looking for high school students who have jazz related repertoire and are a part of either a high school jazz ensemble or big band;
- Acceptance into the program is left to the discretion of the Festival. The Festival’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision;
- The size of your band is left to the discretion of your Teacher/Music Director;
- Total performance time is to be a minimum of 30 minutes (unless pre-arranged with us). Our preference is for all schools to play for 45 minutes to give you ample time to warm into your set;
- Your school needs to organise your own travel and accommodation to Noosa at your own expense.
The Noosa Jazz Festival reserves the right to cancel the Youth in Jazz concerts for any reason and we will not be liable for compensation to any participant.
You can register your school by downloading the application form here