Youth In Jazz
17 April 2013
Noosa Jazz Festival's Youth in Jazz program provides high school students with the opportunity to perform on the Noosa Jazz Festival’s main stage to an audience. The experience provides students with the opportunity to play to a live audience, learn the art of stage craft and performance and work with industry professionals in a live performance setting.
Teachers and Musical Directors are encouraged to enter their school’s jazz ensemble or big band by completing the application form below. We require all schools to have a repertoire of jazz related music. Schools need to arrange their travel and accommodation (if required) to Noosa at their own expense.
Key things to note:
- This application form needs to be completed by your Teacher/Music Director;
- We’re looking for high school students who have jazz related repertoire and are a part of either a high school jazz ensemble or big band;
- Acceptance into the program is left to the discretion of the Festival. The Festival’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision;
- The size of your band is left to the discretion of your Teacher/Music Director;
- Total performance time is to be a minimum of 30 minutes (unless pre-arranged with us). Our preference is for all schools to play for 45 minutes to give you ample time to warm into your set;
- Your school needs to organise your own travel and accommodation to Noosa at your own expense.
- Each participating student will be awarded with a memento from the Noosa Jazz Festival.
Think your school has what it takes? Make sure you download our application form Now!
Completed application forms can be emailed back to us at: email@example.com